Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Post Has Disappeared

Blogger went down late Friday night, apparently as the result of some unintended consequences to routine software maintenance. When it came back up, my most recent post from Thursday, titled "On (Not) Bringing Arch Villains to Justice - Part III," had disappeared from the blog. I was especially sorry to lose it, as it contained a copy of a post from someone at Democratic Underground named SoDesuka that simply eviscerated the logic behind the standard defense of bin Laden's execution, namely that bin Laden had declared war on the U.S. and thus deserved his summary execution. (Unfortunately, DU removes easy access to posts after 48 hours, so it is too late for me to try to recover SoDeskua's eloquent and elegant words.)

On the other hand, President Obama announced last Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes" that people like Alma and me who question whether Osama got what he deserved need to have our 'heads examined.' And Senator John Kerry, 2004 Democratic Presidential nominee, said people like Alma and me should "shut up and move on."

Well, I will be moving on. I shall not be voting for Obama in 2012, nor for any Democrat who aligns him- or herself with Obama. As I wrote in the post that disappeared: Good riddance to bad rubbish. And perhaps the Democrats say the same about me.

I sure hope Blogger is able to recover that post that has gone missing. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment