Sunday, January 30, 2011

Computer Problems and Revolution in Egypt

I have become addicted to the internet. Sad to say. Yesterday, my laptop started acting up and would not get beyond the opening screen except once in every 10 attempts. Problem is continuing this morning. I find myself trying to figure out how to share Alma's laptop and not inconvenience her until we can secure a good replacement for me.

I have four activities that I perform on a daily basis on the internet:

1) Manage Alma's art business and website
2) Manage Alma and my financial portfolio
3) Look for a new job
4) Post new entries on this blog.

Without my own working computer, I can do each of these four, but must find times to do them when Alma doesn't need her laptop for her own devices. We seem to have arrived at a good compromise which is that I will use her laptop until 9 a.m. PST each morning and then again from 11-1 p.m. each day, to sync up with the financial markets hours on the east coast.

Also over the past five days there's been a revolution taking place in Egypt. I am rendered speechless at the courage of the Egyptian protesters. Really awe-inspiring watching them stand up to and bring down a corrupt, dictatorial regime after years of taking its abuses. Looks like the thug Mubarak is gone or will be gone soon. Not soon enough for Egypt's downtrodden masses. Here's hoping they can get rid of him and his junta without too much more innocent blood being spilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment