Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Working on a New Song

Alma's birthday is approaching (next Tuesday). I have been trying to write a song for her these past couple weeks and have dusted off my guitar and strapped on my song-writing spurs once again.

Yes, it is true. I am a bit of a musician. I used to be something of a singer-songwriter here in Los Angeles and have actually produced my own CD. If you want to check it out, you can go to cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bryan. You don't have to buy it to listen to little bits and pieces of it. Please leave me a comment here if you like what you hear!

I put my songwriting spurs up after Bush became president, when it seemed far more important to me to protest against what was happening. And so, for about the past 10 years, I have done very little in the way of pop music. Instead, I have been practicing classical piano music (Bach and Beethoven mostly), the legacy of a few years' piano training at the Conservatory of Kansas City.

But now I'm trying to write a song for Alma's birthday. So, for the next few days, time that I might have spent blogging will be spent instead in writing and rehearsing Alma's birthday song. It looks like spring has finally arrived here after the weekend's final (I hope) winter storm. So, starting next week, I am sure I shall plenty of new material about which to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment